Hi, I’m Stephanie Be. A California girl and UCLA Alumna, I traded
corporate America for a gap year and never stopped!
The world is my office.
TravelBreak serves two objectives:
- To inspire you to step out of your comfort zone… literally and figuratively. As Mark Twain said “travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness.” Travel is not just about the places we visit, but the people we meet and the person we become.
- To make dreams into goals. “You are the engines of our economies and the source of our freedom” – Verne Harnish. Find tips on taking the adventure you’ve always desired or take the leap as an entrepreneur.
Join the waiting list for my new lifestyle platform: BUENA — the only tool you need to start your weekend.
- Have a few minutes? Read the full TravelBreak Story: Re-Defining the American Dream
ABOUT STEPHANIE BE
- Los Angeles and San Diego native
- Studied abroad in Rio + Barcelona
- Bought a one-way ticket to expat life in Sydney
- Took a gap year to work remote + travel (not as a blogger)
- Spent 11 months fully nomadic, living out of a carry-on … up to 7 flights per week!
- Traveled solo through South America, Asia, Middle East, America and more
- Lived in Manhattan, New York and now based back in Los Angeles :)
- First-Generation American. Latina. Read: Why I Waited to Discuss a Part of My Identity Online
- Jet Plane Laser Tag, Las Vegas • Shark-Diving, Sydney
- Living with Zebras, Royal Livingstone & Microlighting over Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Wildebeest Migration, Four Seasons Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- Hang-Gliding, Rio • Running with the Bulls, Pamplona
- Rock-Climbing, Dolomites • Holding an Anaconda, Amazon
- Staying in a 7 Star Hotel, Abu Dhabi • Skydiving, California
- Crater-Rapelling, Israel • Helicopter Ride, Guatemala
- Bungee Jumping, New Zealand • Playing with Elephants, Thailand
- Zip-lining Upside-Down, Dominican Republic
- Sunrise Over Angkor Wat, Cambodia • Road-Tripping Ireland
- Scuba Diving, The Great Barrier Reef • Camping the Grand Canyon
- The Wave, Arizona • Junkanoo Carnival, The Bahamas • Hot Air Ballon Turkey
- Road Tripping LA to Vancouver (Entire USA West Coast)
- My Top 25 World Travel Experiences at 25 (photos)
- My Top 30 USA + Mexico + Canada Travel Experiences (photos)
- First-person in her family to go to university in the United States
- Four revenue streams (3 of them are passive revenue)
- Launched BUENA: the only tool you need to start your weekend
- Builds websites (like this one)
- UCLA | B.A. Sociology, Global Studies
- Founder of a Venture Capital group called “The Adventure Capitalists”
- 9 Years Marketing; 4 Years Freelance
- Contributing Writer: Huffington Post, Elite Daily, Thought Catalog
- Community of 250k subscribers in 18 months of blogging
- Speaker on Digital Marketing: NYU, UCLA, Social Media Week Miami, Women in Travel Summit, & World Tourism Forum
- Winner of the 2015 International Blogger Competition #ShareIstria
- Formerly Advisor: Visit California (State of California) Board of Tourism on Digital Marketing
AS SEEN IN
story-tellingBLOGGING / PHOTOGRAPHY/ VIDEO
Do we share a story? Let’s tell it together.
brandingWEB DESIGN + BRAND DEVELOPMENT
Set your first and lasting impression.
growth strategyPURPOSEFUL SOCIAL MEDIA
Handing out flyers is so last year.
how to pitchMONEY / PUBLICITY / PARTNERSHIPS
Pinpoint your value-added.
mentorshipEXCLUSIVE BLOGGER COURSE
Feel like a rookie? Pitch with the All-Stars.
internshipLEARN + TRAVEL
Because contributing gets you no where.
this website transforming me a lot is doing more than mentor to me. thank you be and your team
Thanks for reading!
can we travel with u we love travelling and photography
I really admire you and you method of thinking. Lt’s humanitarian and worthy. Tnx 4 Ur info’s and sharing us in your unique experiences
Thank you so much!
You have opened so many ideas for me on finding delight in travel without need for anyone. Thank you Sephanie.
Can you become my mentor ? I’m new to travel blogging
Stephanie, you would make a great guest on the Love Affair Travel podcast. If you’re interested in sharing your story with our audience, I’d love to set up an hour with you to do a skype call. :D No pressure if you don’t feel like it’s a good fit, but the invitation is always open.
Vivid images, compelling content, clean layout. I have been following your various social media channels for some time but this is my first website visit (I think). Awesome work, Stephanie. May 2017 present you with countless enjoyable and memorable experiences.
i’m embarrassed to leave you a message. maybe you are trying to get attention. with that said, you are definitely a beautiful woman.
I would love to hang out with sharks.
I would love to hang out with
i have definite experience diving with sharks and i don’t think you have that and maybe you do.
i think in today’s world that you are considered an attractive woman and that’s all that cares
maybe you would be better off in a normal world. I’m thinking of going off in the ocean.
leaving my name and email address is like making fun of me in my world. I have looked up to this woman my whole life. The fact that maybe she is having a mid life crisis mode makes me sad.
you are greatly attractive. plus, the things you do and accomplice are incredible. i love the fact that you do things that make me cringe and adore. plus, you do things that make people feel alive.
Stephanie, blah blah blah…………..Take care of yourself!!!!! lol!!!! People are counting on you to be there!!! I have done the same of hanging out with sharks, but people rely and count on you!!! I guess I won’t be talking or anything around you, but you are definitely are positive an inspiration. I’m just sorry I’m not there to be there for it. I would love to take you out and do this crazy great things, but I am probably a dime a dozen. I wish you the best.
I am an aspiring travel writer who is starting off in the planning and information gathering phase. I have some journalism and extensive travel experience here in the USA. I am interested in your expertise on how to get started and how to do it. Currently reading a lot of books on how to start and operate my own travel writing business, but nothing replaces the wisdom of an experienced mentor as yourself. Please respond back to me with your guidance.
I think you need to scope our your goals; travel writing as a standalone skill does not provide much financial stability. You could check out being a journalist for a magazine that would include some travel writing, or run a small multi-media business like I did with TravelBreak — however that’s much more to do than just travel writing. I have a blog post about work & travel, check it out and it may help!
As a first generation Latina as well, I’m so inspired reading thru all your material. I took the plunge at 21 and solo traveled thru 9 European countries. I’m excited to tell my story and thank you for the extra motivation.
Enjoy the ride! (Or shall I say flight!)
Thanks for sharing this
I’m a new travel blogger and this information will help me
really inspired to you.. you and your thinking are awesome.
hi! I enjoyed your website very much, hope you had good ride.
I myself have a website about travel and mostly about travel to turkey. If you want i will happy to see you there.
you are greatly attractive , amazing destinations places
Hotels in Sonamarg The Villa Himalaya is a small Luxury Boutique Hotels get enchanted in the nature that surrounds resorts in sonamarg, Kashmir. Hotel by the riverside in Sonmarg.
Great staff Steph, keep it up !!!
Thanks for the information its really helping to the travelers and bloggers or who are planning to go some where for vocations its great to read about the place I just recently move in Pocono Mountains to celebrate my friends anniversary it was a great experience place is full of mountains and rivers and lots of adventure activities are held and my al the bookings were handled by Grand leisure travel its a rental place booking company. Now I am planning to go some where I can enjoy Beach’s or sea food.
Very nice I Am totally agreed
Hi Stephanie, Love your blog! Thanks for generously sharing your adventures! It’s so inspiring to see photos from your travels and read about your experiences. Thanks especially for the The Ultimate Beach Vacation Checklist (Men) I’ve made reference to it several times before heading to the Caribbean. P.S. I’m originally from California too (Santa Barbara) but now call Asheville, NC home!
great blog. it feels good to be visiting here.
What an extensive article, Very informative and helpful post. I love all your blogs
I am enchanted by the blog posts on this website. Many thanks to “Travel-break” for giving me such a informative blog post. By visiting your blog we are getting advanced level information about “Travelling” and we have learned a lot. We will be benefited more if you create a blog post on Sea tour. I do a lot of research on Sea tour and I have another website that publishes amazing information about Sea trip.