I’m crossing the quarter century mark on January 1st. In America, that means I have to pay for my own health insurance — the last legal milestone as an unmarried “grown up.”
My personal milestones include moving overseas (that was hard!), [formerly] running two non-profits, and starting my own business.
I’ve also had the luxury of world travel and doing more cool things at twenty-five than most people will get to do in their lifetime. I’ve had the privilege of experiences I didn’t know existed!
As you write up your New Year’s Resolutions and I look at turning a year older, consider some of my moments that pop the most.
I can’t say that these are the BEST 25 world travel experiences because I haven’t done it all. These are all activities I have personally stumbled upon and will never forget. Some were done as a blogger, some as a study abroad student, and others I financed in my gap year (aka why not all of these photos are professional).
I enthusiastically recommend my top 25 world travel experiences at 25:
[In no particular order]
1. Canoe through the Amazon Jungle, hold an anaconda and venture Machu Picchu, Peru
2. Rock Climb the Dolomites at sunrise – South Tyrol, Italy
3. Run with the bulls and splash sangria at the San Fermin Festival, Spain
4. Catch Sunset in the Abu Dhabi desert after touring the Shiek Mosque and a 7 Star Hotel
5. Hang-Glide in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Follow me on Instagram @StephBeTravel
6. Wake up in Halong Bay, Vietnam
7. Shark dive in Sydney, scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef, sail Whitsunday Islands, camp at Fraser Island, pet a koala, and road trip the Great Ocean Road, Australia
8. Motorbike from Chaing Mai to Chiang Rai’s White Temple of Death, play with elephants, and drink from a bucket at the Full Moon Party, Thailand
9. Look for four-leaf clovers on the Cliffs of Moher and Giant’s Causeway, Ireland
10. Experience Yacht Life, Hvar, Plitvice Lakes, Krka National Park, and take a seaplane over the Dalmatian Islands, Croatia
Sea plane photo via @TaylorMichaelBurk
11. Capture sunrise over Angkor Wat, Cambodia
12. Row a boat to the clock tower on Lake Bled, Slovenia
13. Play laser tag in a real private combat jet plane – Las Vegas, Nevada
14. Shark Dive in Sydney, Australia
15. Bungee Jump in Queenstown, New Zealand (or anywhere)
16. Cover up for the Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Photo of me by @LaurieSatran
17. Zip Line Upside Down in the Dominican Republic
18. Amsterdam. Amsterdam. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
19. Take a helicopter ride or hike volcanoes in Guatemala
20. Walk the Old City of Jerusalem, swim in the Dead Sea, and crater rappel in Israel
21. Chase waterfalls on two continents at once – Iguazu Falls, Brazil/ Argentina
22. Dance in the Caribbean, Curacao
23. Chase the electric city of Akihabara, stroll through Harajuku, and eat sushi in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo, Japan Photo via Travel Blogger James Kelley, EscapingAbroad.com
24. Glacier hike in Patagonia, Argentina (or Chile)
25. London. Just as much as you can of it.
I’ve done so much, but there is so much to do. What would you add to this list?!
TravelBreak Posts You Might Like:
10 Ways Travel Changed Me and Will Change You Too
S H O P
[click on the item for more details]