Introduction to Women’s Beach Packing List + Tropical Destination Guide
Chasing an endless summer? Here’s your ultimate guide to paradise. A complete beach packing list for the coast, marina or pool, amongst my favorite tropical destinations.
In this post:
- Printable women’s beach packing list.
- Suggested items for your beach vacation packing list including swimsuit styles in black, white and bright.
- Complete clothing checklist for site-seeing and evening wear.
- List of great adult toys for a beach party checklist.
- International toiletries (what to expect from your hotel, and what to pack).
- Toiletries for healthy, sun-kissed skin.
- Toiletries for beach hair.
- Travel electronics for international trips.
- General packing tips for international beach travel.
- My favorite paradise destinations including in the U.S., Mexico and international destinations << these are places I’ve personally experienced.
- My favorite beach parties and festivals.
- Curated boutique shop with fun items to doll up your trip.
Looking for the men’s travel packing list for beach and pool destinations?
Check it out: Men’s Packing List: Paradise
Pin this post on Pinterest to read it later, or a thank you for the tips!
[ accessories + sports equipment ]
- Sunglasses | These chic Aviators from Sunglass Hut give you the perfect edge before you hit the beach.
- Hat | Stay fresh under the sun with this pineapple sun hat by Rowme.
- Hair-ties | These beautiful blue non-elastic hair-ties will help you keep your hair up when it gets to hot.
- Snorkle – Mask |
- Snorkle |
- Fins |
- Rash guard and/ or wetsuit | When catching waves or just trying to stay warm in colder waters a wetsuit by O’neil is a must.
- Book |
- Floating device | From beautiful Unicorns , yummy Donuts and California Avocados these pool floats will have you floating in style.
- Water-bottle | I enjoy this bkr glass bottle because it helps save the environment and is dishwasher friendly.
- Picnic Set | I love this blue Picnic backpack because it makes carrying it to the beach easy.
- Beach Chairs | This black folding chair with a head pillow makes sunbathing easy.
- S’mores | One of my favorite ways to make S’mores is with this Hershy grilling basket.
- Easy-Up | You don’t need to worry about shade with this easy-up.
I have so many adult beach toys for you to browse at the boutique shop at the end of this post. Scroll down to check ’em out!
Women’s Beach Packing List: Toiletries
Most hotels will have great body wash, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner. However, if you’re staying at an AirBNB or have allergies, add the following to your toiletries packing list:
- Body Wash
- Body Lotion
- Hair Dryer
Toiletries that most hotels are less likely to have:
- Tooth Paste
- Tooth Brush
- Shaving cream
- Razor Bumps Cream
- Feminine care products
- Tweezers, nail clippers
- Safety Pins
Toiletries for Healthy, Sun-Kissed Skin:
- Face wipes / make-up removing wipes
- Face wash
- Face moisturizer
- SPF – Get a trio pack of face, body and lips.
- Aloe Vera for sunburn
- Insect Repellent:Use the Repel Sportsman at 40% lotion
- Sunblock + Insect Repellent: Sunsect Insect Repellant + Sunscreen. It’s nice enough on your skin to wear on your face.
- Medicated ointment for when you do get bit. I swear by Chiggerex for saving me during my trip to Africa.
Toiletries for Beach Hair:
- Hair Product (Hairspray, gel etc)
- Bobby pins, Hair Ties, Clips
- Dry Shampoo (life-saver!)
- Curling iron or flat iron… FYI we both forgot our curling iron and could not find one at any airport. If you’re all about it, make sure you don’t forget it!
Team beach natural hair, don’t care.
If you have wild, frizzy, curly hair:
I can relate! I typically apply hot irons and curls to my hair — especially because it has so many layers. However, after my first trip to Aruba, I learned to let the natural happen! A good beach hat is worth a pack, and so are a couple hair ties, but a tropical vacation is the PERFECT place to let your hair down (literally).
Using the right products when your hair is wet really helps. This travel set for curly hair from Sephora is everything!
Other Key Toiletries:
- Eye Drops (whether or not you wear contacts, your eyes will dry out from flights)
- Contact Lenses
- Contact Case
- Contact Solution
- Prescription Eye Glasses
Leave most of your makeup at home. Seriously. However, given not every beach vacation is spent in the water, it’s your trip and wear makeup if you want to!
- Primer + Face Setting Spray: I only wear this when I’m going to be taking a lot of photos and want my makeup to last. Sephora sells it as a travel set, and it really does make a big difference in how long your makeup holds!
- Power/ Foundation
- Eyeshadow & Eye Brow Palette
- Lip Moisturizer
- Highlighter/ Bronzer + Blush
- Brushes (I like the small, double sided ones for travel purposes) and tthe cleansing brush wipes or “uncomplicated brush set”)
Women’s Beach Packing List: Electronics
- Travel Adapter: Poweradd Travel Adapter
- If you are going to use high voltage products and need an adapter + converter set, I recommend the auto-adjust converter + adapters for every continent.
- You’re going to start charging your goods with one adapter for the country and realized you need many more plugs. I use the Belkin Travel Rockstar.
- Powerbank: I use the one by GoPro.
- iPhone Charge Case: I like the Boostcase iPhone 7 Case
- Alternatively, consider thePowerbank charging luxury backpack.
- Want to free up your adapters to charge cameras, curling irons and other products? Consider charging your Apple products with the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit.
- GoPro + GoPro Dome Port + GoPro surf accessories + Anti-Fog inserts
- Waterproof iPhone Case | Bonanza has several different colors to help you style your phone under water.
- Waterproof / Shock proof speakers | This splash proof speaker will help you enjoy the latest beats.
More on Camera Options
General International Beach Travel Packing Tips
- Put valuables that you absolutely need in your carryon (i.e. camera, passport, jewelry etc).
- Leave most valuables at home.
- Don’t forget to let your swimsuit dry. Bring plastic bags for wet clothes that you don’t want to mix packed in with your clean clothes.
- Really consider a beach bag. It’s so each to keep a suitcase and forget that you won’t be taking the entire pack on the boat or to the shore.
- Use packing cubes to pack by destination and daily use items. For example, an electronics cube, a toiletries cube, and clothing cubes in sets. That way you can leave clothing cubes packed up that you aren’t using at a destination. I am absolutely OBSESSED with these packing cubes. They not only serve well for international trips, but also great for meetings and weekenders. Everything in my bag stays the same (electronics etc). They’re super cheap and extremely helpful in getting more into your suitcase, but more importantly keeping everything in place. I did a lot of research on the right packing cubes and settled on these because I like a laundry pouch with a zipper (keeps any smells away from your clean clothing).
- Consider your transit route. We often cut our packing and unpacking time by staying at the same hotel and doing day trips.
- Check baggage allowance for flights. You’re going to have a greater allowance for an international flight than for a quick one or two hour flight within the country. Talk to your first hotel about leaving belongings there, as you won’t be able to take large suitcases on tiny charters into the national parks.
My Top Beach Destinations
Nothing goes better into your beach vacation check list than the right beach! Consider some of my favorite tropical and marina destinations.
- Aruba (post to come)
- Australian Beaches (Overview)
- Barcelona, Spain
- Bimini, Bahamas (Caribbean)
- Cassis, France
- Capri Island, Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Curacao Island (Caribbean)
- Cyprus Island (Mediterranean)
- Eilat, Israel
- Hvar Island, Croatia
- Istria, Croatia
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Samana, Dominican Republic
- Zanzibar, Tanzania, Africa (Post to Come)
My Top Beach Destinations for Parties:
If you’re looking for a great place to get wet ‘n’ wild, consider these travel festivals.
What would you add to our Women’s Beach Packing List?
Leave me a comment on Instagram, and I’ll check it out!
Discover more destinations by following me on Instagram
S H O P
If you’d like to see some of my favorite picks, turn off your ad blocker. This curated boutique shop is an easy way for me to share my favorite travel outfits and for you to contribute to the maintenance of this site at no extra cost to you.
Questions about my partners? Read more in the Main Shop.