When I chat up travelers and catch their casual, unmeditated and sincere phrases that depict their experiences, words re-assert their power. These travel quotes are from the heart. The quotes below are original thoughts from real travelers I’ve met. Thank you to the people who share their motivation and experiences.
[Despite the language barrier,] there’s more unity. No matter where you are from, you experience the music together. It’s bigger than yourself.”
– Kimmie Connor, 21, on Tomorrowland, and the difference between domestic and international music festivals.
[clickToTweet tweet=”“What we lack in pay, we make up for in lifestyle.” #Travel Read:” quote=”“What we lack in pay, we make up for in lifestyle.””]
– Jeremy Casebeer, 25, on taking time to backpack and work as a professional volleyball player before settling into a more permanent career.
3. “Why do I have to be German or Ukrainian? You’re a person. I’m a person. We put too much emphasis on nationality.”
4. “Maybe today, I’m feeling Australian. I haven’t seen enough of the world to know I’m German.”
– Jasmin & Anne, twins, 19, from Munich on working as Au Pairs abroad, and wandering the Oceania.
[clickToTweet tweet=”“My world gets bigger everyday. The more I see, the more I learn is out there.” #Travel #Quote” quote=”“My world gets bigger everyday. The more I see, the more I learn is out there.””]
– Gerrell Johnson, 25, on getting out of the streets of South Central L.A., studying abroad in Barcelona, seeing Europe, and globe-trotting Thailand.
6. “The only adventure you regret is the one you didn’t take.”
– Erin Reid, 24 on her addiction to traveling Europe, Africa, Australia and SE Asia.
7. “A comfort zone is a really beautiful place where absolutely nothing gets done.”
– Kristen Brotemarkle, 23; her motivation on taking the leap abroad.
Use the side bar to pin this image to your Travel Board on Pinterest.
8. “[Hosting Couch Surfers] is like having the travel spirit in my house without traveling myself.”
– Jort, 34, on hosting over 200 couch surfers in his Amsterdam home.
9. “Traveling is staying one step ahead of reality.”
-Brittani Libring, 23, on making time to escape the corporate grind.
10. “I knew very little about this place. I wanted to do something different, completely unknown and undone in my life. There was something there for me to discover.”
-John Outwater, 22; going from an organized study abroad program to traveling solo to surf Japan.
11. “Just that I shouldn’t give up something so important to me for a dance floor make-out [on what it comes down to in long-distances relationships/ traveling with a boyfriend at home].”
– Hayley Grunebaum, 21; giving me reassurance that we can follow our careers, passions, and dreams without sacrificing love.
12. “The human spirit was meant to fly into the horizon. Meant to see sunrises from different latitudes. Meant to see sunsets from different longitudes. It’s the natural curiosity in us. We’re all birds at heart.”
– Brian LaFaille, 24, on his professional ambitions to connect travelers online.
[clickToTweet tweet=”“The effect of traveling isn’t instantaneous, one day you wake up and realize you’ve changed.”” quote=”“The effect of traveling isn’t instantaneous, but one day you wake up and realize your perspective has altered entirely.””]
– Kayla, 23, on working in Barcelona as an Au Pair, switching to TEFL, and overcoming obstacles to travel before continuing her career in comparative literature.
14. “I got to the point where I was willing to acknowledge that I may know a lot about where I’m from, but I knew literally nothing about where I was. I opened up to the possibility that people just did things differently, and that was okay.”
– Michael Herlihy, 26, on his career in avionics traveling through the Middle East, South East Asia, and Europe.
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Experiencing different worlds is the best way I can explore a real purpose.” #Travel” quote=”“Experiencing different worlds is the best way I can explore a real purpose.””]
– Megan Kenson, 23, on returning from SE Asia and making the decision to move to London.
16. “Traveling allows you to bypass the window, and go straight through the front door!”
– Jake Marsh, 27, on working abroad, re-locating, and doing it again!
17. “I never understood the difference between ‘want’ and ‘need’ until I traveled the world.”
– Laurie Satran, 33, on lessons learned living abroad.
*Travel quotes pulled from stories published on TravelBreak.net
TravelBreak Posts You Might Like:
17 Travel Quotes for Motivation to Pack Up and Go
10 Gifts Travel Gives Us That Can’t Be Bought on Amazon
20 Crazy-On-the-Edge Photos that Remind Us to Step Out of Our Comfort Zone
Reality Check: 5 Reasons You Can’t Travel the World Right Now
[…] “What we lack in pay, we make up for in lifestyle” is our mantra. 17 Unique Quotes From Young Travelers That’ll Make You Want To Pack Up And Go […]
I’ve been on this boat for a while too!
I love these quotes! Inspiring to say the least. that in combination with our clients that often travel the world from LA is going to push me to go on a vacation like no other!
I loved all of these! I just got back from Rome and Barcelona and loved it
Love these quotes! I think I need to share them!
xo Loren // http://www.thinkelysian.com
Great article, thanks for sharing this travel motivational quotes!